cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: CoWarp (was Re: svn commit: r232855...)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:59:01 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> -(-(-1)) ! :)
> I am often working using a lousy GPRS internet connection (like now
> :)).  I download big things while connected to LAN and I need to be
> sure that I have all deps fetched when going "on holiday". If I had to
> fetch all dependencies manually (and not only from cocoon) I would
> always miss something.
>
> A full download may not be the default one but we surely need it.

That wouldn't be a problem if you built right after your download and
before disconnecting. You'd have all the dependencies in the repository
on your local machine.  Unless, of course, you plan on upgrading a jar
while disconnected ;-)

BTW - fetching "manually" is perhaps not the best wording, since the
person running the build just sits and watches it all happen.

I've got to tell you, our configuration management folks absolutely love
Maven because they can control what is in their repository and they see
every dependency change, precisely because the build will fail if it
isn't in the repository.  We are supposed to identify all the 3rd party
jars that are upgraded to them before they run the build and they can
easily see when we forget one.

Ralph