cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [GT2005] REPOST: GetTogether 2005 Call For Participation - deadline in less than 3 weeks
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:29:41 GMT
I'm trying to get approval from my employer to attend. Do you know what
the conference cost will be?  Can you recommend any hotels? I've never
been to Amsterdam (or Europe for that matter) so any help is appreciated.

Ralph

Arje Cahn wrote:

>Cocoon GetTogether 2005
>October 5,6,7th, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
>http://www.cocoongt.org.
>
>DEADLINE for proposal : Friday September 2th, 2005
>Proposals should be sent to: info at cocoongt.org
>
>In 7 weeks time there'll be plenty of Cocoon talks, hacking, food, beers, laughs - everything
you've been waiting for since you left Ghent on October 12th last year...

>We are looking for you to come on stage and talk about all things Cocoon. People who want
to present during the GetTogether are kindly requested to send in a presentation proposal.
Presentation topics will be screened for cluefulness, in the sense that we don't want any
commercial presentations.
>Introductory, tutorial-like stuff into new or advanced topics are much appreciated though.
Please send in your presentation proposal to info at cocoongt.org - see below for a template
to help you in filling out a proposal.

>GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
>
>Do not include proprietary or confidential material in your proposals.
>We will assume that you do not consider any material included in the
>proposals to be confidential. All conference presentations are
>vendor-agnostic and should focus on technology. Your proposal should
>contain the following information:
>
>1. Proposed title for the talk/session/debate.
>2. Brief outline or abstract of the talk/session/debate
>    * Please be as concise as possible.
>    * Please write in third-person context.
>    * Please list any prerequisite sessions or knowledge you feel is essential.
>    * Indicate, if applicable, if this is a beginning or advanced talk.
>3. For all proposed speakers, include: speaker name, title, company, address, email, phone
number, fax and website.
>4. Biography for the proposed speaker(s) showing relevant experience and qualification
to speak on the proposed subject matter (not to exceed 250 words).
>5. Primary contact/founder name, title, company, address, email and phone number.
>
>All speakers are required to submit copies of their presentations before September 21st,
2005.
>These presentations will be included in the conference notes. All presentations will be
made available after the conference in electronic (PDF) format.