cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CoWarp (was Re: svn commit: r232855...)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:21:40 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>If there is *high* community interest in hosting it at Apache I'm willing to
>>move. In fact, lack of a community was one of the main reasons in
>>creating Cowarp outside of Apache.
>>

> I have no idea how to become part of a community at sourceforge. Most
> seem to have no mailing list activity.
I've not set up mailing lists yet, but could if required. Apart from
that, I don't see a real difference here: you have a repository, a
mailing list, a forum, you can add committers to the project etc.

> I do know that many folks are
> confused by our current authentication framework. I suspect that is why
> interest in it isn't higher.  I happen to use it, but it is a little
> clunky.  However, I've also considered looking into other authentication
> frameworks.
>

>>Another advantage is that I can use Maven for building Cowarp -
>>something our build system does not provide. But for me using Maven is
>>another prerequisite :)
>>

> Well, I vastly prefer maven as well, but I'm not sure why it is required.
Ok, "required" is perhaps the wrong term - I'm currently using Maven and
I'm enjoying it's features and I don't want to miss them.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/