cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: CoWarp (was Re: svn commit: r232855...)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:54:35 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>If there is *high* community interest in hosting it at Apache I'm willing to
>move. In fact, lack of a community was one of the main reasons in
>creating Cowarp outside of Apache.

I have no idea how to become part of a community at sourceforge. Most
seem to have no mailing list activity.  I do know that many folks are
confused by our current authentication framework. I suspect that is why
interest in it isn't higher.  I happen to use it, but it is a little
clunky.  However, I've also considered looking into other authentication
frameworks.

>Another advantage is that I can use Maven for building Cowarp -
>something our build system does not provide. But for me using Maven is
>another prerequisite :)

Well, I vastly prefer maven as well, but I'm not sure why it is required.

Ralph