cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CoWarp (was Re: svn commit: r232855...)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:04:48 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> It's not really here about adding a new block, but about providing a
> simple and unified way of solving a common problem in Cocoon, which the
> current pipeline-based auth-framework doesn't seem to solve (I
> personally never used it).
>
> The interfaces could be in core, along with the basic trivial
> implementations, and blocks could provide specialized implementations
> (e.g. JDBC, LDAP, JCR, etc).

Ah, ok adding the classes to core makes imho more sense, agreed.

>>Another advantage is that I can use Maven for building Cowarp -
>>something our build system does not provide. But for me using Maven is
>>another prerequisite :)
>>

> So let's switch Cocoon to Maven ;-)
>
> Now why is it a prerequisite?

:) Perhaps someone picks this up and finally moves Cocoon to use
Maven...(wishfull thinking)
Maven is soo simple for simple structured projects like cowarp. I get a
website and reports for free (incl junit tests - though cowarp currently
has none... :) ). And I don't want to miss this.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/