cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Cocoon Docs] Website documentation update - portal first
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:10:56 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>No, I don't think there is an easy
>>update procedure into Daisy.
>>

>Hmm, and I thought writing docs gets easier... :)

Well, I find WYSIWYG editing in Daisy a lot easier than writing XML
documents with trial and error when it comes to basic layout (i.e.
headers, sections etc.).

>Ok, so actually this means that the docs for 2.1.x and "daisy" get out
>of sync, right? Wouldn't it be better to completly remove the docs from
>the 2.1.x branch as well? This would avoid confusion, applying patches
>to different sources in different formats etc.

That's precisely my intention. Bruno has made a snapshot mid June of the
2.1.x docs and converted them into Daisy in the "legacydocs" collection.
What I want to do is check each and every document, decide on it's
relevancy and, if necessary, update it with its 2.1.x counterpart and
move it into the "documentation" collection in Daisy.

Once that process is done, I want to figure out how to get the info from
Daisy onto the website (preferably through an easier route/procedure
than the current one). If that works, I'm planning on updating the
website once every one or two months, depending on the number of updates
I've done in Daisy.

OTOH: there are definitely docs missing from the website at the moment
(e.g. FAQs, already Bugzilla entry). I could focus first on getting all
the docs in Daisy, i.e. recreate the original website, and start the
Daisy-to-website update ASAP. Then there will be hardly new
documentation on the website, but at least all the "old" info will be
there again.

WDYT?

>>I'll add all documents that seem relevant to the portal to the
>>navigation tree to get an overview.
>>
>>BTW are there docs in TRUNK about the portal that should be added here?
>>My first impression is that they are identical.
>>

>Trunk and 2.1.x should be identical - apart from my latest additions.
>

>>I would also appreciate it if you could do future updates of the
>>documentation straight into Daisy (you do have a username and
>>doc-committer rights there).
>>

>Sure, if I don't forget about... :)

If you don't mind I just remove the docs I worked on from SVN, so you're
required to update Daisy. ;-)

Bye, Helma