cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Cocoon Docs] Website documentation update - portal first
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:43:45 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>hepabolu schrieb:
>

>>Guys,
>>
>>In the last few days I've seen 3 requests for documentation updates and
>>missing docs on the Cocoon website, so my intention is to get the
>>current website updated and the missing docs added. BUT I'm going to do
>>this in Daisy and trying to weed out the deprecated files.
>>
>>I have to start SOMEWHERE and since the portal docs are a small coherent
>>set (and development is currently active) I decided to start with that.
>>

>I just updated the docs for the portal in the 2.1.x svn branch. Is there
>any simple way to get the updates into daisy as well?

I noticed, so I copied the info over. No, I don't think there is an easy
update procedure into Daisy. Besides, I've taken the liberty of
rearranging some info (i.e. shorten long docs into several shorter
ones), please check:

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/599.html

I've recreated the original "book.xml" navigation there and started from
there. Note, it is still work in progress so some pages still have the
"legacy warning".

>The deprecated one is only relevant for 2.1.x, it has been removed from
>2.2 - so I think the docs for the deprecated one will not be updated
>anymore and we can simply link to the current version.

Great, that would make things very clear.

I would highly appreciate it if you could go over the pages (in Daisy)
and mark/remove the info that is only relevant to the deprecated
version. I get the impression that some info is repeated (e.g. the info
about configuring coplets), but I'm not sure which document contains the
most up-to-date info.

I'll add all documents that seem relevant to the portal to the
navigation tree to get an overview.

BTW are there docs in TRUNK about the portal that should be added here?
My first impression is that they are identical.

I would also appreciate it if you could do future updates of the
documentation straight into Daisy (you do have a username and
doc-committer rights there).

Thanks.

Bye, Helma