cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XUL to HTML transformer
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:52:29 GMT
Maciej Gawinecki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm designing web application for different medias, and thus
> why I'm looking for any XUL to HTML
> transforming template (probably XSL(T)). Do you know any?
> Does Cocoon support it?
> Thus could be reasonable solution for browser which cannot render
> XUL pages.

I don't think that it is as simple as writing an xslt stylesheet. The problem is
that xul uses rdf datasources for data binding and the request-response-cycle
differs from a usual html application. You probably have to write a special
Cocoon transformer that aggregates this data before you can transform it into an
html doc and you need to provide your own controller logic at the server-side.

Another (probably better) alterantive is having a look at cforms. AFAIK one of
our GSoC students (Google summer of code) is working on a xul implementation
which could be used alternativly to the already existing html impl.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc