cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JCR Block] Viewing content of properties and last modified
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:42:00 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have two questions re the JCR Block
>
> 1) How can one actually access the content of properties?

You cannot access them directly with the JCRNodeSource, which is meant
to represent file-like abstractions which are mapped to nodes. Now such
a source, you can get the corresponding Node and then do whatever you
want with it.

> 2) I don't fully understand how lastModified is being handled.
>   From looking at the implementation it seems to me that only
> "content nodes" can have a lastModified, but I probably misunderstand
> something, right?

The idea here is that the node holding the content also holds the
property that gives the last modification. The distinction between file
node and content node is more a point of view, and a given node should
be able to have both roles.

Sylvain