cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject More Cocoon stacktraces
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:22:18 GMT
Hi team!

I added new features to the Cocoon stacktraces:
- a Location now has a description, which is used to store the statement
name (e.g. "<map:generate>" or "<jx:set>")
- when an error occurs while processing a pipeline, all components of
the pipeline and their locations are added to the stacktrace
- the nesting of exception has been dramatically reduced: as soon as an
exception with a location is catched by Cocoon, it is never wrapped
again but new locations are appended to its location stack

I will port this to trunk in the coming days.

We'll then have to make sure that every exception that is raised in a
"location-aware" environment uses the location framework in
org.apache.cocoon.util.location. I'll write a short doc explaining how
to do that.

Enjoy,
Sylvain