cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Architectural concerns
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:42:04 GMT

Kees Broenink wrote:

>Thanks Joerg and Vadim for your input.
>
>I am a big fan of the basic concepts of Cocoon and I do not tend to add
>a MVC layer on top of it. The power of Cocoon in my opinion is that it
>is not religic about the MVC pattern. It tries to do the job of building
>data driven websites extremely smart and fast.

While this is true, I think you miss the point that Cocoon IS the MVC
pattern. It just provides multiple ways of implementing it.

>For MVC I am looking into JSF right now.

JSF has an experimental faces block. JSF provides a controller and
forms. Cocoon Forms seem to be just as good (or better). As for the
controller, I am not in love with it.

>How I will integrate this with
>Cocoon is still a open question.
>But to be honest I am not familiar with FlowScript and maybe it rocks. I
>stopped looking deeper into it when I read that it is a javascript
>engine on the server. I don't like javascript that much.

So use the Javaflow block. Then your flow is all in Java.

Ralph