cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Lutz <mat...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Locale Bug in CForm Form.java ?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:55:15 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Thomas Lutz wrote:
>

>> private Locale locale = Locale.getDefault();
>>
>> It takes the default locale from the host, but shouldn't it take the
>> locale set via the browser or the LocaleAction.java ? So the line
>> should rather be something like:
>>
>> private Locale locale = I18nUtils.findLocale(....); ?
>

> in your own cocoon webapp you can do:
> var form = new Form( "cocoon:/form-def/" + config.filterModelName );
> form.locale = determineLocale();
>
> and implement determineLocale() with any logic you like.
>
> For cocoon samples: we should probably make use of LocaleAction.

I tried to do this in javaflow (as I only use java as flow script
language), that's not that easy.
org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.Form.java has no setter for it's
member locale, and locale is private... so no chance of tweaking in ?

What's the reason for Locale.getDefault() ? At least I would expect to
behave forms like all other I18N components, and take the locale from
the user agent, so dates and whatsoever get a proper formatting in the
forms... or am I missing something ?

Thanks for the quick answer,
tom