cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r231266 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X: ./ src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/ src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/jxpath/ src/java/org/apache/cocoon/xml/ src/test/org/apache/cocoon/xml/
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:42:23 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Author: sylvain
>>> Date: Wed Aug 10 08:38:10 2005
>>> New Revision: 231266

>>> Log:
>>> Propagate namespace mappings in JXTemplate to JXPath expressions.
>>> Refactor and extend NamespacesTable
>>

>> Thanks Sylvain, this is what I wanted to implement and got no idea how.
>

> Make sure it is annoying enough for the projects your colleagues work
> on, and ideas come quickly ;-)
In my case this was only a question on user list. I had an itch for some
hours only. I have time to post a few answers on users list these days
and nothing more. And they say holidays is usually a dead season for a
software company.

> Seriously, before JXPath 1.2 (which introduced namespace support) they
> could write e.g. "#{doc/document/dc:title}" whereas the new JXPath
> required to write "#{doc/document/*[name()='dc:title']}". This was
> hardly considered as an improvement :-P
>
> As a side note, the refactored NamespacesTable I committed yesterday is
> a killer tool to cleanly handle namespaces (see
> RedundantNamespacesFilter). I plan to use it in some transformers that
> "consume" namespaces such as i18n, xinclude, etc to ensure the consumed
> namespaces never passes through the transformer. That will make cleaner
> and smaller web pages!
So this means the output page won't have the nasty:
xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"
xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
xmlns:dir="http://apache.org/cocoon/directory/2.0">

titanium hero plate again ! :)

OT: What stage are cocoon stack traces in 2.1.x branch? I lack this very
much in trunk.