cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r231266 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X: ./ src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/ src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/jxpath/ src/java/org/apache/cocoon/xml/ src/test/org/apache/cocoon/xml/
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:23:44 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: sylvain
>> Date: Wed Aug 10 08:38:10 2005
>> New Revision: 231266

>> Log:
>> Propagate namespace mappings in JXTemplate to JXPath expressions.
>> Refactor and extend NamespacesTable
>
> Thanks Sylvain, this is what I wanted to implement and got no idea how.

Make sure it is annoying enough for the projects your colleagues work
on, and ideas come quickly ;-)

Seriously, before JXPath 1.2 (which introduced namespace support) they
could write e.g. "#{doc/document/dc:title}" whereas the new JXPath
required to write "#{doc/document/*[name()='dc:title']}". This was
hardly considered as an improvement :-P

As a side note, the refactored NamespacesTable I committed yesterday is
a killer tool to cleanly handle namespaces (see
RedundantNamespacesFilter). I plan to use it in some transformers that
"consume" namespaces such as i18n, xinclude, etc to ensure the consumed
namespaces never passes through the transformer. That will make cleaner
and smaller web pages!

Sylvain