cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: [cforms] fi:validation-errors in AJAX mode
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:53:17 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Jason Johnston wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> AFAIU its purpose, that would be a widget that collects validation
>>> errors from a set of other widgets. Its validate() method would check
>>> the if the collected validation errors have changed, and if yes
>>> trigger the page refresh.
>>

>> So you're suggesting to actually make it a widget, as in
>> fd:validation-errors, rather than just a template element?  That's an
>> interesting idea... I think I'd rather keep it limited to the
>> templating layer though, since it's really a presentation concern.
>

> Ok. Tell us about your progress!

Just a little status update for y'all.

I've got a local patch working very nicely, and have a good start on
filling some other holes in the AJAX support such as ft:widget-label.

However... I'm having to sit on these patches for the time being as I
work through issues with my employer.  They currently have no OSS
contribution policy to speak of, and are pretty anal when it comes to IP
ownership, patents, etc. (bless the USA! :-\)  I'm confident I'll get
clearance, as there's no benefit to the company to deny it, but
unfortunately it's going to be on the committee's schedule.

Rest assured the patches will be submitted as soon as I get the
go-ahead.  In the meantime if anyone else wants to tackle it on their
own then they shouldn't be afraid to do so.

--Jason