cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:34:13 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> I'd even say that at this point in time, none of the existing blocks
>> should be aware of OSGi existence but only Cocoon "Kernel", which uses
>> OSGi to manage (load/unload) blocks on the fly.
>
> Why?
>
> Do you have any specific design for achieving this that you are going to
> propose?

May be I skipped important message - is there any reason why block's classes has
to import OSGi?

Isn't it the first goal to make (any) existing block (with no code
modifications) run under OSGi?

> People, at this point of time it seem rather pointless to me to impose
> all sorts of restrictions on how we should implement blocks. Instead of
> discussing about how to not implement blocks I would prefer to focus on
> discussing how to implement them or even actually continue implementing
> them ;)

Sorry, had no time to look at it :-(

I noticed though that currently there is no 'CocoonServler' which would
bootstrap OSGi container, isn't it?

Vadim