cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: Make defaults for text serializers UTF-8
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:09:21 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>Considering we have a very international user base, and the fact that
>more and more projects have to deal with international or special
>character, why not make the demo international friendly.
>
>In order to set encoding standards for your mime-type you have to
>include the character-encoding after the mime-type.  Ex:
>
>text/html;encoding=utf-8
>
>Without the encoding clue, most browsers assume whatever is the default
>for that browser.  In the U.S. it is typically iso-8859-latin.  This bit
>us yesterday as we had to make that change to support special characters
>again--this time with Cocoon.

+1 for cocoon 2.2. In order to keep backward compatibility.

BTW, Spanish and Portuguese characters(for example ç,à,á,ñ ) aren't supported by utf-8.

It was just the mail I replied had some encoding problems. See below:

--17432832-1323476517-1123692175=:11582

Hi. Just couldn't agree with your suggestion as Spanish and Portuguese
characters(for example ç,à,á,ñ ) aren't supported by utf-8.
But this is just my opinion...

CarlosN.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.