cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:37:25 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:

>> From the discussions last week with Reinhard, Daniel and Upayavira I
>>think using block.xml to generate everything else was the consensus. See
>>"role of block.xml" in http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Blockathon2005Report
>

> Hmm, was I really part of that concensus? Like Sylvain I prefer to use
> the OSGi manifest for everything that can be described by that and the
> block.xml for the rest.
>
> Now, IIUC, the rest of you think that such a solution would be
> unpractical because of overlap with gump, compile and deploy time
> dependency descriptors etc. You might very well be right about that, but
> I prefer to wait and see until we actually start to implement it before
> we decide.

I prefer a single source of information about a block: the block.xml -
we can then generate everything else out of. This would also keep us
independent from OSGi.
But you're we can start in any way and then change it later on. For
converting an xml to another xml we just need a stylesheet anyway.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/