cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:44:52 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> I still don't see why we should add a component to the Cocoon
>> codebase, where we know from the beginning that it is "not best
>> practice" (better formulation than my "problematic", but meaning the
>> same).
>

> I'll rephrase what I wrote in one short sentence:
>
>   Anything can be either used 'as recommended', or abused.
>

> I don't see how TraxSerializer is different. It can be used following
> 'best practice', or it can be abused (as was shown in the snipped
> part). It can be in the scratchpad forever and nobody will (ab)use it,
> or it can be documented with well defined 'best practices' and in wide
> use.
>
> It's not even much different from base Serializer interface - the
> major difference is that it provides another implementation language.
> Should we then ban JavaScript (Python, Ruby, etc) on the basis that it
> makes development too easy? Or may be we should use them but remember
> to apply 'best practices'?

OK Guys, I am wondering if all the developers are following this very
interesting thread. I will suggest to start a new one and include in the
title the "TraxTransformer" keyword.

Since, I am more practical than academic persons, I tend to agree that
the new proposed serializer is a good idea. It will improve performance
in some places and to me this is welcomed. Call me "crazy guy", because
for me every nanosecond counts! ;-)

But, I will like to hear more opinions about this. :-)

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.