cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:14:44 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 25 juil. 05, à 12:20, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>
>> Hmm, I'm a little bit confused if I compare the two response quoted
>> below.
>>
>> I personally would prefer to go the block.xml way and create OSGi
>> manifests and whatever out of it. With that approach we are still
>> independent from OSGi...
>
>  From the discussions last week with Reinhard, Daniel and Upayavira I
> think using block.xml to generate everything else was the consensus. See
> "role of block.xml" in http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Blockathon2005Report

Hmm, was I really part of that concensus? Like Sylvain I prefer to use
the OSGi manifest for everything that can be described by that and the
block.xml for the rest.

Now, IIUC, the rest of you think that such a solution would be
unpractical because of overlap with gump, compile and deploy time
dependency descriptors etc. You might very well be right about that, but
I prefer to wait and see until we actually start to implement it before
we decide.

/Daniel