cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 06:34:55 GMT
On 09.08.2005 02:17, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> From the pipeline's POV it's not 1:1 as the serializer decides to
>> which output format the XML is serialized, so it is 1:n, so the output
>> is also not predictable for the pipeline.
>
> Output of the serializer is never predictable, otherwise no need for
>
>     /**
>      * Get the mime-type of the output of this <code>Component</code>.
>      */
>     String getMimeType();

1. This does not change the content, only the headers.
2. It's configured in the sitemap or even hard-coded in the serializer -
and so nothing with dynamic access. Or is there any serializer
determining this option dynamically?

>> But IMO the codebase is already to big. There are so many components
>> based on problematic approaches (SourceWritingTransformer,
>
> What would be the migration path? (beside flow).

I don't want to replace every "problematic" component that I don't like.
I just don't use them.

>> DOMSessionTransformer (both with side effects))
>
> You mean WriteDOMSessionTransformer? Should be deprecated, imho. Could
> be replaced with SourceWritingTransformer and dom source, or some such.

Yes, and it's pendant the ReadDOMSessionTransformer. About replacing it:
We talked about it since the contribution of the XModule source by
Daniel: http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/XModuleSource.

But we leave the original topic here.

>> or widely unused (why is the TraxGenerator still in trunk after more
>> than 2 years?).
>
> <shrug> Some of the code is 5 or 6 years old. So what? </shrug>
>
> It's in the scratchpad.

That was what I meant. It's in the scratchpad for more than two years.

Joerg