cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:30:39 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 07.08.2005 19:22, BURGHARD √Čric wrote:
>
>> Completely wrong. If you find a 1:1 relation between a svg and a
>> bitmap, go
>> ahead man, you're rich. For me a svg serialization is not reversible, you
>> loose layers, labels, structure and of course scalability.
>
> Man, 1:1 does not mean that you can go in both directions!

Joerg,

You just proved Eric's point. Moreover, I don't see why go all religious on
simple and (as it seems) useful idea of XSLSerializer. We do have FOP, Batik,
etc serializers - why not Trax.

If you want crusades or jihad (take your pick), start with XSLGenerator which is
already in the trunk for 2 years, 3 months ago :-)

Vadim