cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject XMLSerializer strips elements between start/endEntity events
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:54:10 GMT
Hi all,

I found a weird behaviour in XMLSerializer: it apparently ignores
start/endElement events that are between start/endEntity events, and
only keeps character events, thus removing all the markup.

This occurs when the pipeline starts with a by parsing a file containing
entities (using the file generator) and ends with the XML serializer
with no XSL transformations inbetween. This problem doesn't appear when
an XSL is present as if buffers the SAX stream to build its own internal
DOM and then processes that DOM.

I've setup a test example to show this: update the 2.1.x branch and
point your browser to
http://localhost:8888/samples/test/serialized-entities/explain-test.html

Is this a known problem? Should we filter out start/endEntity events in
XMLSerializer?

Thanks for any advice,
Sylvain