cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:49:49 GMT
BURGHARD √Čric wrote:

>Again, there is no conceptual difference between generator, transformer,
>serializer, apart the type of their position in the pipeline and so the
>type of their io. They ALL do transformations otherwise they would be very
>unusefull.

Yep. They share a lot in common. The diference between the is exactly as
you pointed above:

1-The position into a pipeline
2-The I/O between them.

>>It is not, but if you break your stylesheet into multiple steps
>>(transformer(s) + standard serializer), you can put them together into a
>>virtual serializer.
>>
>Again, i don't have to break it, it's much more
>understandable/readable/efficient in one part, and standard serializers are
>bugged.

2 points:

1-Nobody is telling you cannot use your own serializers.
2- I agree the current standard serializer has bugs. I tried to fix
them. I met problems into xalan internals and .... well, it is a very
long story. Few weeks ago, I spent most part of 15 nights trying to fix
that (weekend included). I went into xalan internals. Can you help us to
fix them.? Your help will be very welcomed!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo