cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:13:03 GMT
On 05.08.2005 13:49, BURGHARD √Čric wrote:

> In fact the XMLSerializer didn't take the 'method' parameter into account.
> At least in saxon8 (never test with other xslt processor, but it should
> work too), if you put <xsl:output method="xhtml"/> all tags like div,
> script, or inputarea remains unclosed.
>
> I think this is a bug with XMLSerializer which enforce the method to be
> 'xml'. The folowing simple class let you choose the serialization method.

What XMLSerializer are you talking about? The one in the serializers
block or the default one?

> I wrote a much more powerfull solution: the XSLSerializer, which let you
> control the serialization through an xsl stylesheet (an so use the
> xsl:output tag as well as some template rules to make final cleanup like
> namespace deletion or href contextualization). I need to do some cleanup,
> and i will submit a patch.

This is definitely the wrong approach and will probably be not accepted
for the official Cocoon codebase. The transformer influencing the
pipeline is like a component controlling the component container.
Additionally it makes no sense letting an intermediate transformer set
the serialization method for the end of the pipeline. What about an
I18nTransfomer after your stylesheet? Your approach also reduces the
reusability of the stylesheet as it is tied to a specific output format.

Joerg