cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please keep 2.1.x and trunk in sync
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:41:17 GMT
Torsten Curdt schrieb:
>>Of course it's ok to just add
>>something new to 2.1.x, test it there and finally when its mature
>>enough
>>apply it to trunk as well.
>

> <thought-bubble>
> ...shouldn't that be the other way round?
> </thought-bubble>

In fact, we keep saying that 2.1.x is "just" a maintenance branch, but
still are applying new features to it. So the ideal way would be to just
apply bug fixes to 2.1.x and everything else goes just to trunk without
any back porting. But of course as noone knows when 2.2 will be out and
as everyone loves/needs new features, everything goes into 2.1.x as well.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/