cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: Please keep 2.1.x and trunk in sync
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:30:54 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> So shouldn't we keep a list of such "need-to-be-synced" things? There
> are often valid reasons to postpone syncing things a bit,
Yes, sure,

> but we might forget to do it later.
exactly :)

> A TO-SYNC.txt file in the trunk might help. We could handle that in
> status.xml as well, but I think a separate file is more convenient for
> such unstructured notes.
Hmm, if people find it useful, yes, why not. Now, I think, if people are
forgetting to sync they will also forget to add things to the TO-SYNC
file... :) (and we have the famous todo files/list where people added
things but rarely really worked on them).

We could also track SVN commit messages and compare the ones applied to
2.1.x with the ones to trunk...ahem...and I guess we can find some cool

Now, different people have different styles of working which is
absolutely fine of course. But due to this I fear we will not find a
solution that fits everyone. For example I try to keep track of such
things on my personal wiki - and of course sometimes I forget to add
them there....But anyways, if others think it's useful let's keep track
of them and see if it works better.