cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Please keep 2.1.x and trunk in sync
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 07:49:19 GMT
Just a reminder, please keep the two branches in sync. Every fix,
addition or change that is applied to 2.1.x should also go into trunk. I
 noticed several changes in 2.1.x over the past months that were not
applied to trunk.

Why is this important?
As soon as we ship a first release of trunk,
- not applying a bug fix to trunk means reintroducing of a bug
- not applying a new feature to trunk means missing features
- and so on.

And we already have users of trunk, like Forrest, and I guess they would
be happy to benefit from the latest in development as well.

So, please, try to keep them in sync. Of course it's ok to just add
something new to 2.1.x, test it there and finally when its mature enough
apply it to trunk as well.

Of course, you don't have to apply all changes for trunk to 2.1.x as well.

Thanks
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/