cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject [Fwd: expected behaviour: global vars in flowscript]
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:03:35 GMT
The only response we got on the users list was "Your doing it wrong".
We need some better understanding of how Flowscript handles the global
variables.

The docs say they are treated like session variables, but even within
the same request they seem to be cleared after a call to the flowscript
is finished and the sendPage has been called.  We are dealing with a
page that aggregates a set of information from different components
together, but relies on some of the same initial setup for all the
aggregated parts.

Global flowscript variables are not behaving as expected.  We can adjust
to explicitly using cocoon.session instead of global flowscript
variables.  If that is the preferred case, we need to adjust the docs to
make it clear what to expect.

--
Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how it works.

                                                       -- Steve Jobs