cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cforms] fi:validation-errors in AJAX mode
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:32:18 GMT
Jason Johnston wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 16:57 +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Nono, this is smarter than that! An Ajax request is identified by the
>>special "cocoon-ajax" parameter. If this parameter is not present, the
>>BUTransformer simply remove the bu:replace elements. This is what allows
>>the same processing chain (except the final serializer) to be used for
>>Ajax and non-Ajax requests.
>>

>Right, I meant that when the javascript makes an AJAX request (with the
>cocoon-ajax header set), it checks the response for the existence of any
>bu:replace elements, and if none are present it allows the HTML to
>submit the form normally so the flow can continue.  But if you were to
>manually insert a bu:replace in the template, that would mean that the
>response to each AJAX request would always contain that bu:replace, so
>you'd never get the empty document.

The full page reload is triggered by a special "X-Cocoon-Ajax: continue"
header. Reacting to an empty document would not work, as there are some
event listeners that do nothing. For example, we may want to check the
validity of an input as soon as it's entered. If the input is valid,
nothing special happens and the returned document is empty.

Sylvain