cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r226493 - /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-field-styling.xsl
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:57:52 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 01/ago/05, alle 15:24, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:
>
>> Tags with an @id is an essential piece of the Ajax stuff, which is
>> based on partial updates of page areas found by their id.
>>
>> Your update removes the @id on the enclosing tag, and removes the
>> placeholder that is necessary when no error exist to later replace it
>> by something visible if error appear.
>

> If I'm not mistaken, that instruction copied the "id" attribute of the
> <fi:validation-errors> element, but I've never put an id attribute
> there. Is it necessary to set an id to every <fi:validation-errors>
> element in order for it to appear when ajax="true"? If this is the
> case, now I know why my <fi:validation-errors> blocks don't render
> anymore when ajax="true" :-/

Actually, I'm a bit lost here: what template instruction or widget
produces this <fi:validation-errors> element?

> Also, if this is the case, the <div> element should be output
> regardless of whether there are validation errors or not, right?

Yes. Have a look at the template for "fi:placeholder", which is what is
produced by hidden fields in order to mark their place in the page if an
event-listener changes their state.

> Not that putting it back is a problem, I am just trying to understand.
> The only real issue I had was with the <div> not having a class
> attribute, but while I was at it, I tried to optimize away a useless
> element and an empty attribute.

I understand. But actually, they _are_ useful (in the general cases, as
I don't know where <validation-errors> come from).

Sylvain