cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: JING Transformer...
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:38:43 GMT
On 31 Aug 2005, at 03:00, David Crossley wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>> My only suggestion; try to extend scope and go for
>> ValidationTransformer,
>> instead of implementing JINGTransformer only.

Ok, I tried... I have some code that instead of JING uses JARV, so
that if you download the MSV package and dump it in $COCOON_HOME/WEB-
INF/lib/ it will automagically discover it and use it no problem.

> That would be good, but of course we cannot put MSV and friends
> in SVN. The creator of that ValidationTransformer held a
> discussion here on Cocoon dev [1]. When he found that we could
> not include MSV, he created the wiki page to demonstrate
> what he had started.
>
> [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108557516400003

Problem though, it doesn't work with JING. Actually, JING doesn't
work with JARV, as it's throwing an obscure NullPointerException when
trying to build a validator from a schema (and I followed the
examples to the letter - copyandpaste).

It works, on the other hand, with MSV, but we can't have that in CVS...

I can put both transformers in SVN, one for JING and one for JARV,
note that if you want to use JARV, you _need_ to download MSV (or
it's going to fail miserably).

Any ideas????????????

     Pier