cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Using Maven to build Cocoon
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:41:22 GMT
On Wednesday 31 August 2005 16:16, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > I hope considerations are made that a "Maven 2.0 Final" is released prior
> > to making any breaking of the current Ant build. Hopefully that will be
> > in a couple of weeks. Worst-case scenario, remember Maven 1.
>
> using maven1 at this point, if that's what you mean by worst-case
> scenario,

I meant; Maven 1.0 Beta was released "years" ahead of Maven 1.0 Final, and
during the Beta stages, quite a few serious issues occurred on the way,
either breaking compatibility between beta releases (surely allowed) or
introducing new bugs breaking things that worked previously.
I am sure that the Maven peeps have learnt from the experience, but in my book
they now have to earn the reputation back.

I didn't mean going with Maven 1 first, but just hang in there with Ant and
await a final release.

Cheers
Niclas