cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JING Transformer...
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:00:21 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> >Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> >>http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ValidationTransformer
> >>
> >>It supports JING.
> >
> >My 0.02 ?
> >
> >- It's not cacheable (AFAICS)
> >- The source code is a mess
> >- There is no license
> >- The package is "fcc.ima" (not a domain name)
> >
> >In other words, using that code in a commercial environment is,  ehemmm,
> >dubious! :-P
>
> Well, ahem, then make it 'commercial environment'-worthy, and include in
> svn! :-D
>
> My only suggestion; try to extend scope and go for ValidationTransformer,
> instead of implementing JINGTransformer only.

That would be good, but of course we cannot put MSV and friends
in SVN. The creator of that ValidationTransformer held a
discussion here on Cocoon dev [1]. When he found that we could
not include MSV, he created the wiki page to demonstrate
what he had started.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108557516400003

-David