cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Standardizing resources in jars (was Re: [Proposal] Switch to Maven NOW)
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:29:25 GMT
On Thursday 18 August 2005 19:19, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> >AFAICT, the specification (R3) does not require the returned URL to be
> >globally resolvable,
>
> If you mean globally resolvable within the current OSGi instance I
> interpret 4.23.3.11 in the spec as that the returned URL should be
> resolvable in any bundle that has the right AdminPermission.

I mean "Globally" as serialize the URL to a String, send it by mail to another
OSGi instance on the other side of the planet to an OSGi instance (which have
the protocol(s) installed) and open the stream.

I don't think that is required, which means that a jar:file:/// URL could be
returned by the framework.
Note that Oscar doesn't have the org.osgi.service.url installed by default, so
it does not use bundle: AFAICT.

OT -->  Hopefully improve our (esp your) understanding, which somewhere down
the line probably pays off in better stuff in Cocoon :o).

Cheers
Niclas