cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Standardizing resources in jars (was Re: [Proposal] Switch to Maven NOW)
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 03:26:16 GMT
On Thursday 18 August 2005 05:08, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> > Is there more to it??
>
> That an OSGi framework need to have a protocol like the bundle protocol
> as part of its implementation to be able to implement Bundle.getResource
> as motivated in my example above.

I guess it is not important, but I am not sure I follow what you mean.

>>>If you use "URL getResource(String)" at
>>>the Bundle object of the A bundle the resulting URL must contain a
>>>reference to the A bundle to not confuse it with "foo.xml" from the B
>>>bundle.

Why can't it return
"jar:file:///home/niclas/.oscar/cocoon/bundle4/version0.0/bundle.jar!/foo.xml"
??

AFAICT, the specification (R3) does not require the returned URL to be
globally resolvable, and bundle://4/foo.xml is also only resolvable in the
current OSGi instance, not even the within the same JVM.

Have I understood you right?

Cheers
Niclas