cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: oscar or knopflerfish
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:23:14 GMT
On Tuesday 16 August 2005 13:37, Upayavira wrote:
> Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert wrote:
> > Is cocoon going to use knopflerfish or oscar for its default OSGI
> > container?
>
> Probably Oscar, or whatever it becomes. However, it may take some time
> for the Oscar 2.0 code to mature enough for us to be able to use it, and
> Oscar may go through quite an unstable time in order to get there, so,
> personally, I suspect we'll be using Knopflerfish for a while.

For the record; Oscar 1.x won't  "go through quite an unstable time" and
Richard Hall has indicated that it will remain as a firm R3 implementation
for all times to come or no interest exists.

The R4 implementation (a.k.a. Oscar 2.0) has started incubation at ASF and
will get the new name Felix, to avoid confusion. The R4 spec is expected out
"any time soon", possibly next month. And one can expect quite an "unstable
period" before all the new features are in place in Felix, possibly >6months.

Cheers
Niclas