cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:34:40 GMT
On Thursday 11 August 2005 06:34, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Isn't it the first goal to make (any) existing block (with no code
> modifications) run under OSGi?

AFAIU, Existing blocks would run unchanged in the ECM<->OSGi bridge bundle.

I think Daniel is talking "real blocks" here, and I think that would require
the blocks to have OSGi code in them, at least for the Bundle Activator and
ServiceFactory. Of course there is an option to make a Cocoon specific
abstraction level on top of the basic OSGi mechanisms, but to me it seems to
only hamper the progress, resulting in endless debates of what to expose and
not.

Put the stick in the ground. Declare "OSGi bundles is the plugin mechanism for
Cocoon." Then move from there. :o)

Cheers
Niclas