cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Please keep 2.1.x and trunk in sync
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 07:48:40 GMT
* Carsten Ziegeler:

> In  fact, we  keep saying  that  2.1.x is  "just" a  maintenance
> branch, but still are applying  new features to it. So the ideal
> way would  be to just  apply bug  fixes to 2.1.x  and everything
> else goes just to trunk without any back porting.

In theory,  yes.  But  the fact  is that  we often  request Cocoon
committers  to do  things  that work  immediately  on branch  2.1,
because that's the one we use.   For example, we need Cocoon stack
traces *now*!  If they were developed in trunk, it would have been
impossible to test that new  feature and give feedback to Sylvain,
as we don't use trunk for our applications.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Systèmes d'Information