cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <hedh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 17:15:54 GMT
On Sunday 07 August 2005 20:51, BURGHARD √Čric wrote:
> He was just wondering if this thread was about virtual serialization. It's
> not.

What IS it about??

> XSLSerializer is a full featured serializer which can play the role of
> a serializer in a virtual serializer if you really want to virtualize, but
> what's the use of this extra step if i could do it in one, without bugs and
> without breaking any pattern design ?

Why not collapse the entire pipeline into a single component as well, that
would eliminate a massive amount of bugs and testing time of the Sitemap ;o)

Componentization with semantically well-defined contracts in between, is a far
better than large monoliths with innumerous permutations of configuration,
rules/exceptions, outcomes, side-effects and associated subtleties. Do one
thing, and do it damn well. That is what we like about Cocoon... Adult Lego!

Virtualization of a pack of transformers, with optional Generator and
Serializer seems like doing the job more elegantly. At least as much as I
have understood reading this all.

Cheers
Niclas