cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: When do we ask people for a CLA?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:08:01 GMT

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> situation seems to be even worse, as the employer owns all output of the
> employee (if they have any business claims in software, which nowadays are

Note that in this case the definition of a contribution and clause 5 help
you here. If your company started using apache and lets you work on ASF
code - then it quite propably has agreed to the 2.0 license terms.

But yes - you do want to discuss this with your manager and companies
legal dept. And for this very reason a CLA or a corperate CLA has been
developed as an effective instrument to frame that discussion.

Dw.