cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:13:29 GMT
On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 11:25 +0200, Antonio Fiol Bonnín wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am finding a problem with empty elements when serving content with
> the text/html content type on Firefox.

> For example, collapsed empty div elements cause havoc in firefox. A
> possible workaround would be implementing the compatibility guidelines
> indicated in the W3C recommendations.
>
> In particular, I would add the same check already present for style,
> script and textarea for any element whose end tag is required in HTML
> 4.01.

Yes, in Apache Forrest we run into the same problem.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112256252600650&w=2

If you have the class already open: ;-)
&#160; will not be transformed to &nbsp;. A dev reported on his system
it get rendered  (same thread). IMO we should output &#160; to &nbsp;
like in the html serializer.

WDYT?

> Would a patch for this be welcome?

Yes, please add it to the issue tracker. :) TIA

> Yours,
>
> --
> Antonio

salu2