cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [Portal] Skinning questions
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:24:38 GMT
Hello devs,

I had a quick look on the Cocoon Portal.

I have a question about
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/portal/portal-block.html#Create
+a+new+skin+for+your+portal

The current layout is table based which I need to change. I was looking
in the style producing matches and stylesheet.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/portal/portal-block.html#The
+skin%27s+stylesheets

I just could find some transformation in the sitemap.xmap that were
refering to
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/portal/portal-block.html#The
+portal-page.xsl

How are the other xsl-stylesheets processed like e.g. tab.xsl. I saw
that it is defined in the protal.samplesxconf which refers to the
AbractRenderer.java. Can you point me where in the pipeline it got
matched and how the processing is working. To be honest I did not really
understand
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/portal/portal-block.html#The
+Rendering+Process

Another question is the portal view.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/portal/profiles.html#The+Portal
+View

Does that mean we can have
a) user based portal
b) role based portal
c) global based portal
views?

Would it be possible to extend this?
a) user based portal
b) role based portal
c) request based portal
d) directory (relative to the request) based portal
e) doctype based portal
f) global based portal
views?

Last but not least, is it possible to have coplet specific rendering
(better coplet specific layout)? How can this be done?

My background is the recent prototype of the forrest new skinning
concept which has the codename "forrest:views". I would like to try to
incooperate this into the portal.

WDYT?

TIA for any hints.

salu2