cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kees Broenink" <kees.broen...@backbase.com>
Subject RE: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:32:09 GMT
Yes sorry, my fault. I was using the default configuration of cocoon
2.1.7

    <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml"
mime-type="text/html" name="xhtml" pool-max="64"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">

I was not aware of the xhtmlserializer class in blocks/serializers. Now
I am! Thx.

Kees

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Antonio Fiol Bonnín [mailto:antonio.fiol@gmail.com]
Verzonden: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:16 PM
Aan: dev@cocoon.apache.org; kees.broenink@backbase.com
Onderwerp: Re: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer

Maybe I read the code the wrong way. What I understood was:

   public void endElementImpl(String uri, String local, String qual)
throws SAXException {
[...]
        if (XHTML1_NAMESPACE.equals(uri)) {
            if ((local.equalsIgnoreCase("textarea")) ||
                (local.equalsIgnoreCase("script")) ||
                (local.equalsIgnoreCase("style"))) {
                this.closeElement(false); // This line should cause the
[<script] to become [<script>]
            } else if (local.equalsIgnoreCase("head")) {
[...]
            }
        }
        super.endElementImpl(uri, local, qual); // And thus this line
should close the element with [</script>]
    }

So my proposal would be to add a line like
(local.equalsIgnoreCase("div")) ||
for each element that should share this behaviour.

BTW, the source I am looking at is the one in Cocoon 2.1.7. I checked on
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/serializers/trunk/java/org
/apache/cocoon/components/serializers/XHTMLSerializer.java
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/serializers/trunk/java/or
g/apache/cocoon/components/serializers/XHTMLSerializer.java>
and the relevant part of the code is the same.

--
Antonio