cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kees Broenink" <kees.broen...@backbase.com>
Subject RE: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:41:32 GMT
Hello,

Adding to this is an issue with IE and the <script> tag. I did not
search the mail archive nor bugzilla, so maybe it is already addressed
for the next release.

The xhtml serializer will change
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/bxs/3_0_1/bpc/boot.js"></script>
into
  <script type="text/javascript" src="/bxs/3_0_1/bpc/boot.js"/>

This will break loading the JS in IE.

Kees

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n [mailto:antonio.fiol@gmail.com]
Verzonden: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:26 AM
Aan: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: Suggestion for XHTMLSerializer

Hello,

I am finding a problem with empty elements when serving content with the
text/html content type on Firefox. For example, collapsed empty div
elements cause havoc in firefox. A possible workaround would be
implementing the compatibility guidelines indicated in the W3C
recommendations.

In particular, I would add the same check already present for style,
script and textarea for any element whose end tag is required in HTML
4.01.

Would a patch for this be welcome?

Yours,

--