cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CoWarp (was Re: svn commit: r232855...)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:54:56 GMT
> I am often working using a lousy GPRS internet connection (like
> now :)).  I download big things while connected to LAN and I need
> to be sure that I have all deps fetched when going "on holiday". If
> I had to fetch all dependencies manually (and not only from cocoon)
> I would always miss something.
>
> A full download may not be the default one but we surely need it.

Didn't you just send a message stating spring does the same
any you are happy with it?? I don't see a problem with your GPRS
connection. Maybe I did not make myself clear:

o the checkout would not contain any 3rd party jars
o the definition of what is meant to be built will
   define what jars need to be downloaded
o a tailored cocoon like that will only have the
   jar ins WEB-INF/lib it really needs
o for every release we also provide a with-all-deps version for vadim ;)
o we have a target/goal to download all the deps once you are online

So where is the problem again?

cheers
--
Torsten

Btw: once we have all bundle based we wanted to
move towards the download direction anyway ...at
least to my understanding.