cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jens Maukisch" <jmauki...@s-und-n.de>
Subject AW: [Portal] Skinning questions
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:11:13 GMT
Hi,

I'll try to answer some of your questions :-)

> I just could find some transformation in the sitemap.xmap
> that were refering to
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/portal/portal-block.html#The
> +portal-page.xsl

The portal-page.xsl is applied to the xml produced by the portal generator
in the sitemap.

> How are the other xsl-stylesheets processed like e.g.
> tab.xsl.

They are processed "inside" the Portal Generator.

They are configured in the cocoon.xconf as "renderer".
e.g.:

     <renderer
class="org.apache.cocoon.portal.layout.renderer.impl.AspectRenderer"
logger="portal" name="borderless-window">
         <aspects>
             <aspect type="xslt">
                 <parameter name="style"
value="{portal-skin:skin.basepath}/styles/borderless-window.xsl"/>
             </aspect>

the renderer is then referenced in the layout:

        <coplet-layout name="coplet"
layout-renderer-name="borderless-window">
          <coplet-instance-data>Portal-Intro-1</coplet-instance-data>
        </coplet-layout>

If the PortalGenerator processes the coplet it will render it (apply the
stylesheet) with the
referenced layout-renderer.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/portal/profiles.html#The+Portal+View

> Does that mean we can have
> a) user based portal
> b) role based portal
> c) global based portal
> views?

yes

> Would it be possible to extend this?
> a) user based portal
> b) role based portal
> c) request based portal
> d) directory (relative to the request) based portal
> e) doctype based portal
> f) global based portal views?

Don't know (and I don't understand for what some of them should be used :-))

> Last but not least, is it possible to have coplet specific rendering
(better coplet specific layout)? How can this be done?

As mentioned above you can specify a layout renderer für each coplet-layout.

> My background is the recent prototype of the forrest new skinning concept
which has the codename "forrest:views". I would like to try to > incooperate
this into the portal.

I don't know the concept yet, but I'll have a look at it later.

hth

Jens

--
Jens Maukisch