cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: DirectoryGenerator using abstract Source
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:45:13 GMT
Michael Wechner <michael.wechner <at> wyona.com> writes:

> > Wow, 2 years ago! And what about starting a real migration now by
> > starting with the unclean way (DirectoryG extends TraversableG with
> > old namespace and directory/file metaphore as you wrote it),
> > deprecating it at the same time and making the TraversableG the
> > officially supported one?
>
> just one note re such a migration. Wouldn't it make sense to actually
> "rename" the TraversableGenerator to CollectionGenerator and introduce
> something like
> ResourceGenerator (or does that exist already?) and do
>
>    DirectoryGenerator extends CollectionGenerator
>    FileGenerator extends ResourceGenerator
>
> such that the terminology is consistent?

For the FileGenerator I have another name in mind since a long time:
XMLGenerator. This would make it consistent with HTMLGenerator and nearly any
else generator too. From where the XML is read is independent on the generator
itself, but only depends on the source provided via @src in sitemap. Having this
in mind ResourceGenerator is not the best name possible IMO and will continue
the irritating naming.

Joerg