cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:17:27 GMT
Le 25 juil. 05, à 12:13, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> ....if we consider
>> moving to Maven, this might be the right time to do it, or at least
>> try.
>>
> Yes, definitly, +5 - has anyone already done some steps towards this?
> I'm planning to have a look at it in the next days.

Note that just creating a completely separate block in an OSGI bundle
built with Maven 2 would be a good way of experimenting, without
disrupting the trunk.

Last week I tried loading the template block (that Reinhard has hacked
to be an OSGI bundle) in OSGI dynamically, after starting without it,
but it didn't work, as the cocoon_servlet bundle (IIRC) was looking for
some xconf resource from the template block at startup and failed.

But in theory OSGI-based blocks could already be built totally outside
of the main build, and loaded later as bundles.

-Bertrand