cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tuomo L <tleso...@cc.hut.fi>
Subject Re: DatabaseReader problem with 2.1.7, help needed (fwd)
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:49:03 GMT
Thanks, I tested the sample, and it does work with HSQLDB. But when I tested it
against SQL Server with similar results I got before: Upload works but reading
the file with DatabaseReader returns 0 bytes. :(

So, my guess is, something has changed between 2.1.5 and 2.1.7 that makes
the JDBC driver for SQL Server incompatible with Cocoon. With the jar-files
from 2.1.5 (same setup otherwise) this works. What could this change be?

The method that throws this error "Assuming client reset stream" in
DatabaseReader.java is:

public void generate() throws ProcessingException, SAXException, IOException {
         try {
             Response response = ObjectModelHelper.getResponse(objectModel);
             this.serialize(response);
         } catch (IOException ioe) {
             getLogger().warn("Assuming client reset stream");

             this.doCommit = false;
         } catch (Exception e) {
             this.doCommit = false;

             throw new ResourceNotFoundException("DatabaseReader error:", e);
         }
     }

-Tuomo